To comply with legislation, and in seeking to create a pleasant and healthy environment for all, Locksley Archery GB operates a no smoking policy in all its premises, including sports hall and club houses as well as at all outdoor events. This includes e-cigarettes and vaping.
As all Locksley Archery events are for or incorporate juniors, smoking is strictly prohibited on the grounds of the event and any associated grounds and there will be no designated smoking area. (“Smoking” in this policy includes the use of E-cigarettes & Vaping).
At all times, and at all Club and external archery events and venues, smoking is prohibited on the Field of Play. The “Field of Play” is defined as the shooting area, including all required overshoot, and all areas behind the shooting line extending to a point at least five metres beyond the last archer’s tent or shelter.
- Smoking on any School Grounds is not permitted.
As a precaution against fire, a condition of using a tent or shelter at an archery venue is that you do not smoke or use a naked flame inside that tent or shelter.
- We all have a responsibility to protect those who do not wish to smoke or suffer from the effects of secondary smoking and smoking is also incompatible with healthy sporting activities.
Consequences for Non-Compliance with Anti-Smoking Policy
- Non-compliance with this anti-smoking code of conduct may result in disciplinary action.
- Anyone caught smoking will be required to immediately extinguish their smoking items and only one warning will be given. This will be recorded in company records.
- Any second infringement will result in the infringing person being banned from Locksley Archery grounds (or grounds used by Locksley Archery) for such period as the company at its sole discretion applies.